Thursday, May 23, 2013

Household Uses for....


Lemons! 

To me, lemon is the scent of clean. I thought for the next few weeks, I'd share some household uses I have learned, been told, or read over the years. These are things I have tried, OR plan to very soon. I am attempt to be a frugal homemaker, and so I look for uses for regular household items. I wanted to share, and hope to learn from you as well! This week is LEMONS ---- stay tuned for my household uses for next week! :)

1. To remove fish odors - rub cutting surface OR hands with lemon wedge.
2. Place lemons in basket, glass bowl, or large vase for a sunny centerpiece.
3. Rub hand, elbows, knees, and feet with lemon wedges to remove roughness and discoloration.
4. To remove unpleasant fireplace odors, burn a few lemon peels along with your firewood.
5. Remove tarnish on metals with a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. 
6. Add half a lemon to the cavity of roast chicken for additional flavor and tenderness. 
7. Add lemon juice and honey to a cup of hot tea to soothe a sore throat.
8. Wipe the inside of refrigerator, ice chest, and microwave with a cloth dipped in lemon juice to brighten and freshen.
9. Sprinkle lemon juice on cut fruit and guacamole to preserve color. 
10. Grind sliced lemon peels in garbage disposal to freshen and deodorize the drain.
11. Keep rice from sticking by adding a teaspoon of lemon juice to the water. 
12. A mixture of lemon juice, vinegar, and water makes a general cleaner for kitchen, bathroom, etc. 

Enjoy trying new uses for lemons! Are there any uses for lemons YOU know of and would like to share?

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment