Thursday, November 7, 2013

Heavy Loads....Need Rest....

It happens. We forget. Slowing down doesn't seem like an option. We can't. We must keep moving. Working. Then.....

We get worn down. Patience is worn thin. Tempers flare easily. The laughter seems diminished. We become disconnected. From Him. From one another. 


He promises rest. We only need to seek it. Seek Him. 


“Come to Me, all of you who work and have heavy loads. 
I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

It happened to us. It's been a trying year. We felt the disconnect. From one another. From rest. From Him. Then....

This day. This moment. This beauty. 

 Words were few.
Beauty was all around.



His presence was there.


Slowing. We took in His artwork.


His rest was accepted.


Thanks. Many thanks. Offered. Appreciated. 


Reminders of togetherness. 


Recognition of the important things. People. Family. Love. Him.




I want to be mindful. I want to seek Him. I want to step away from the daily grind. Seek a place of solitude, surrounded by His workmanship. 

Thank You, Father for restoration. Of patience. Of laughter. Of togetherness. For Your presence. Your love. Your grace. May I be mindful. May I not let so much time pass with busyness. May I seek you daily. And intentionally, more often, get away.

My soul, waits in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him. - Psalm 62:5

Do you get overwhelmed before you remember He promises you rest? I urge you. Do NOT wait. Find your rest. It changes everything. He changes everything.
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment